Thursday, August 27, 2009

Where do I begin?



Yesterday was such a productive day...it was wonderful. It has been a long time since I have felt so good all day long. I did have intermittent pain but it was tolerable enough to do what I did. This may not seem like a big deal to most people, but good days with minimal discomfort are treasured. Probably not even treasured enough.

For those who don't know me, fibromyalgia is something I have lived with for years and have accepted that it will fill my future as well. However, that is not my main focus, merely a statement of fact. It colors each moment of each day and often causes me to lose objectivity, surrendering to subjectivity. Is that such a bad thing?

But today, it is like I paid for yesterday's worthiness. Not in a terrible way, rather, with tremendous fatigue. It almost makes it feel as if I shouldn't be entitled to any good days, not that I should feel entitled to anything.

Now that I have verbalized, I will move on!
It was exhilarating to follow thru with each next moment. The most enjoyable part of the day would have to be my walk. I enjoy my IPOD so very much and I can walk for what feels like an eternity as long as the power holds up! This part of my day lasted for about 45 minutes and encompassed much of the village. I could smell rain in the air and once again this summer we were obliged with further water from the sky. As all things, it is purposed by God, so He knows why we have needed so much. If the precipitation continues we'll sure have a lot of snow to shovel!

I swore I wasn't going to do it, but I surrendered and finally made a few new pieces of jewelry. These beads were in a dish next to "my chair" calling out to me. No longer was I able to hold off. Nothing especially amazing, but was able to stave off further longings to bead. Eagerly I wait for completion of some other projects around the house to liberate the workspace I desire for crafting and creating - soon, very soon.

There go those dogs again - ripping and snorting and panting and jumping, just because someone walked by the front of the house! Yesterday George managed to open the screen door by himself, off for another adventure. When I finally found him (accidentally on my way to Megan's) he was SOAKING wet and stinking. So of course he had to traverse the entire inside of the van, spreading his wealth of malodor.

If the rain holds off tomorrow, it will be back to the races. Theoretically it could be Friday and Saturday. Friday in Freedom and Saturday in Little Valley, with Little Valley running the larger track. It has been a couple of years since my going there. In fact I think it is the first track I ever saw Todd drive at back when he was driving a standard big block stock car. The bug bit me then.

Who knows what tomorrow will hold. Plans include seeing Dorothy in the morning and in the afternoon meeting with the principal at the school. It is my hope that tomorrow will be more like yesterday; additionally, a good night's sleep tonight would be helpful. Another day of household duties gets me closer and closer to the project area being ready. That is encouraging in and of itself.

Time to potty the puppies for the last time today. Thirty more minutes of television then off to attack "We Were The Mulvaneys". It is a great book and has been enjoyable. I am not sure what I will read next, I should probably finish the other book or two I had started prior to the Mulvaney book. Good night all...sleep well.

No comments: