Saturday, August 22, 2009

Went to the races and been racing ever since!



The races were great last nite! I have a bunch of pics and a video clip on my Facebook. It was perfect race nite weather - it had sprinkled early in the day and some of the clouds looked ominous, and indeed we did have a few nickle sized rain drops for a couple of minutes. Other wise the air was nice and clear. Damp had set in as the sunset, and I was still feeling it in my bones this morning upon rising! I slept in as long as I could stand to ease my aching bones. (Not getting any younger, ya know!)

Todd was in good spirits and appreciated all the help he got from his "pit crew". The guys he goes racing with are great and have been good friends over the years. No major damage to the car, he remained safe and had a good time. No telling how much water he used this afternoon trying to get the imbedded mud off the car!

This afternoon we helped to celebrate Brayden's 2nd birthday! It was a nice time and great to see other friends and all the kids had a great time. Steven was too busy hanging with his possy (sp?) to go and Kate is preparing her room for college studies beginning on Monday. Steven was supposed to start his new job tomorrow but they called him in today already. When asked how it went, "it was easy," was his flat response as if to add "of course." Gotta love those teenagers!

Once we got home from the White's it was preparation for the Pampered Chef show tonight. Garden Pizza was the food choice and it was an intimate number of gals so we had plenty of time for chit chat. Ashley's chocolate chip cookie bars were delicious as well. The aroma of the baking fresh garlic, pizza dough and veggies was mouthwatering and tasted just as good.

Another activity I was involved with yesterday was photographing things of (my) interest to print off and use as backgrounds for photographing my jewelry and other pieces to place on Etsy. It was great fun to try to "see" ordinary things as extraordinary. I will post a couple and see what you think. I am sure they are nothing spectacular as compared to many others' photos, but I was rather taken with a couple of them. The creative process has been calling me, I am in beading withdrawal for not having made anything new for weeks!

No comments: