Monday, August 24, 2009

Time for Etsy




Today I sent out 3 eBay packages...nice to have a little business flow. I really need to post some new auctions, that seems to drive the most business to my store. Certainly a good idea to cover over the next couple days.

Currently I am taking a break from posting on Etsy. I am just itching to make some new jewelry but I have made a pact with myself that I WILL NOT until I get all this current jewelry listed. Although I must create fairly soon because I will need new items to display at the quilt store for consignment.

Todd is working on the race car, Steven is out with his buds, Kate is at Young Adult Small Group bible study and I get some time by myself. No TV, just the noise of the traffic - vehicles and pedestrians --- and the dogs charging the door everytime they hear an extra sound. Also heard is the expressway, now the interstate. It evokes sweet memories of my youth when I would stay at my grandmothers. You see, I recall when they constructed the expressway. Hacked away some of our hills for the thing. I remember staying over at her house when the road was starting to be used and then after. Windows open on a summer evening, hearing the cars hum by and then off into the distance...some how brings peace.

Occasionally a train can be heard. The tracks aren't real busy but it is nice to hear them active again after being dead for so many years. When I stayed at grandma's that was another common sound, as the tracks were less than 1/2 mile out behind her house. Then the tracks were much busier than today. It seems so much more is trucked by the semi trucks that pass along the interstate.

So enough for the thoughtful break, time to get back down to business and get those postings going! Wish me well with sales!

No comments: