Sunday, August 30, 2009

The day started rainy



like so many other days this summer. It down right poured for quite awhile, then the sky parted and the sun shined.

Had a relaxing day, did a little puttering, some laundry...was saving my energy for something greater to occur in the evening. I even got out of cooking supper as my wonderful husband knew I had an evening out with the girls planned!

We met at Ashley's and drove to Olean for our birthday get-together and hunt for favorite squirrels. Timmy Ho's now has Cold Stone Creamery ice cream and that sounded appealing. I was boring and ate an egg salad wrap with an iced cap. It was delicious, filling and much less fat. Barb and Robin joined Megan, Ashley, Marti and I - we had plenty of giggles. Then began the hunt for squirrels.

Megan decided she wanted the Knight in Shining Armor - so off we went to Armor Building supply. After I drove thru the lawn and parked in the largest puddle available, we bailed out and had our proverbial photographic way with the Knight. Ashley found her "S" but sadly the Knight had lost his heart. Onward and upward...the construction squirrel was just down the road and of course he was fitting for me, especially now that Todd is a Superintendent. Lastly, we went to Community Bank and Marti got her picture taken with the banker squirrel - which was fitting since she works for Community! Ashley didn't get to pick a squirrel as her squirrel hunt was a few months earlier.

Somehow we got the police involved, I can't remember how that came about. Perhaps because we were going to the donut place? We tried a few benign hijinks to capture the attention of an officer passing by and it just didn't work...so we went to the police department seeking one! He wouldn't get his picture taken with us, nor would he allow his picture to be taken (he didn't want to get fired...imagine that!). But he was willing to take our picture in front of a police car. I am not sure exactly why but by then we were all giddy with laughter about numerous nonsensical things, so to us this seemed hilarious! All in the name of good clean fun. And to think I used to have to get drunk or abuse substances to have such a good time. Thank you, God.

Perhaps tomorrow will be a bit more productive. If the sun shines I might get to mow the lawn!

Until next time...

2 comments:

Ninamaureen said...

Sorry I missed the fun time celebrating our Megan's 40th- I've enjoyed your photos, though, and the opportunity to experience the fun vicariously!
Keep up with the blogging, Cindy- you have a great narrative sense and I am enjoying your musings.
God's peace-here's to ALL of us getting lawns mowed (and hydrants painted) this week. BBbrrr- almost want a fire in the fireplace... too lazy.

cindy said...

Thanks to Neener...my most recent reader and first comment-er. I appreciate her comments and will discuss this with her personally! :)