Saturday, October 17, 2009

Autumnal winter

It has been a busy and trying week.
It started with an MD appt out of town - he deemed
my vision as likely not to improve. So the only thing to do is accept that. I am grateful I can see what I do!

Later in the week
was the estate auction for my Aunt and Uncle's estate. It was a trying day for many reasons. The normal difficult reasons made it difficult but the way the auctioneer company handled the sale was less than adequate for many reasons. The result of this was a nominal return for a lifetime of them both.

I was there to intently bid on a couple family heirlooms. There was a desire to bid on so much more - it was so hard to see it all pass to strangers. I don't know how my cousin was able to hold up.

The following day we spent half the day doing the final clean on the house as the sale closing is pending this coming week. Indeed it was very sad and most difficult for my mother and aunt w
ho were siblings to my uncle, and my cousin - his son. Not that I am without feeling in this regard but having been a nurse so many years, some how I seem to cope with these things a bit more pragmatically.

Thursday morning we woke up to heavy snow flakes floating from the skies. By that evening there was measurable snow! Everything was very pretty - flocked in fresh, heavy snow.

A block away someone built a snowman, but by the time I went to take a picture he was melting.
I have set up a Twitter account and am trying to get the hang of that...interesting.

I have posted a few new items to Etsy and had 2 sales in my eBay store. Tonight I have spent quite awhile in the forums, trying to network. I have been accepted to the Vintage Market Team, which I am excited about; additionally, I have made inquiries to 2 other teams. I love the model of Etsy and am hoping I can grow to success there.

This week I don't have much on the docket and I really need to spend some time creating. While working on the creative process I will try out the lovely "executive" task chair I got from the estate sale, it was my cousin's.

I shall post again soon! Thanks for visiting.

No comments: